Green With Envy

So this was my batch for green. I had a lot of things, so I made a very large batch of dye -- 12 gallons. I used three containers -- 2 Kelly Green and 1 Emerald Green.
I was very brave with this batch and even tried dyeing a very nice jacket. I was quite pleased with how it came out.

The first thing I dyed was a pair of light lime shorts. They came out a very nice, deep green.

The next article was a very nice jacket from Talbots. I've worn this jacket quite a bit -- even to my winning job interview. I liked it enough to attempt to dye it. It came out looking very, very good. I'll need to change the buttons and iron it well, but it looks pretty good, I think.

The next thing was a green and white striped shirt. I had an orange one that I similarly dyed to make it monochrome. I liked how it came out. The color is darker now, and it still has the vertical lines, but it is not so busy.

This tee was pretty green already but it wasn't quite the right type 4 green. I wasn't sure what would happen if I dyed it, but I figured that I might as well give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised with now it came out. It turned from olive to dark kelly!

I'd only worn this very light green tank once -- it was really not a good color for me. It came out amazing -- I can't wait to wear it as soon as I iron out the ruffles.

I'll put the rest of the results on another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment