Fixer-Upper on eBay

Last year I bought these cute earrings on eBay to go with my Michelle Obama necklace. After I bought them, I saw that there was a necklace that matched the earrings, but it was rather pricy. It just so happens that someone listed a broken one the other day, so I snapped it up. If you click on the small picture above, you will see that the pearl part had separated from the flower, and there was a good inch or so of string hanging off of it. Luckily, this was enough string to run through a crimping bead, through the flower eye, and back. Five minutes of work and a bit of clear nail polish later, here is the fixed as good-as-new necklace with the earrings. This necklace reminds me of the giraffe necklace that J Crew makes, but with flowers and jewels.

No comments:

Post a Comment