eBay Silliness

I recently sold this black leather skirt on eBay. I paid 45 dollars for it at the end of the season last year, but it is way too big now. I decided to ask $45 plus shipping with a buy-it-now price of $65. This was my first eBay sale, but as a purchaser, I know that no one usually bids until the very end. I was happy when someone bid on it with still two days left to go, because I knew it would sell, saving me the decision about whether to alter it or not.
The listing ended while I was teaching at school, and when I got home I checked it. I was very surprised to see that it sold at a final price of...$139.06. This means that someone, rather than using the buy it now price, just kept bidding it up. I was happy to get the larger sale, but rather puzzled by the whole transaction.
The silliness didn't end there, however. I kept waiting to get the funds in my paypal account. The package had been delivered for over two weeks before I finally called eBay. I found out that I had entered the wrong email address, so the funds were in virtual limbo. I got that straightened out, and I am now about $125 richer after the fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment