Thursday, November 28, 2013

Since chunky sweaters are all the rage, I went with this little chunky monkey over some very comfortable cords for my Thanksgiving outfit. This was super comfortable for both the feasting and the festivating afterwords -- we have a tradition of having a board and party game marathon after eating, and today was no exception. 
Boyfriend Cords in Dark Berry, Eddie Bauer; Cable Sweater in Oatmeal, Talbots; Scarf, Talbots.
If you scroll down, you'll see what I spent the morning doing instead of cooking. This is a big deal for me, as last year I was so grinchy, I didn't even put up a tree until the kids made me do it. I haven't completely gotten rid of the grinch, though, as I have boxed up and given away every decoration that didn't make it out this year. 
This year we decided to put up this tree -- the Snow Tree. It has snowmen, Santas, 
reindeer, penguins, two kinds of snowflake ornaments I crafted, two kinds of 
snowflake glass balls, a snowflake garland, and a handmade skirt.
It's a little hard to fit all the stockings on our mini-mantle, but I've managed to do it. 
Once again, these are handmade by me back in my craftier days. That was a lot of work!
I chose this nativity to display out of my collection. This is another handmade item.
This is the first year in quite a while that I've put this up, too. This is another handmade 
item -- our advent calendar. It will be much cuter as the tree fills up with the ornaments
from the pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment