Saturday July 14, 2012

I wore this dress to the Craft wedding reception, and I must say I felt like a million dollars.
There is quite a saga behind this dress. A few weeks back, I ordered both a 1 and a 0 before the big trip as I figured this would be a great dress for packing. When they came, the 0 fit me perfectly except for the length. It was almost 1 1/2 inches shorter than the size 1. There were no more 0s online, so I thought, "Well, I guess this isn't for me." It was just too short to feel comfortable. But, even though Chicos said they were completely sold out, I found another 0 at the Murray Chicos on Friday, and it was the same length as the 1s they had! My first dress must have been an aberration. (You'll notice that the pattern of my dress at the shoulders looks just like the one on the model. The original short 0 didn't have any orange at the top, but still ended in the same place.) So, my perseverance has paid off, and I ended up getting it for $67, too. The dress hits me just above the knee, and it's a winner.
The nude pumps were my one purchase on vacation. So, I can now say that I wear a 5 1/2. (British Size).
Glamour Ikat Gracey Dress, Chicos; Earrings, Shopko

No comments:

Post a Comment