Friday, November 7, 2014

Today was the UCTE conference. I couldn't sleep all night -- unfortunately fairly normal for me for a big event. I had decided to wear the outfit to the right. I wanted to look professional but also look fun and be comfortable. I find Hue tights to be very comfortable as long as I avoid the control top ones. This Anthropologie skirt is extremely comfortable as well. I added a linen sweater from Talbots in the kelly green color and went with minimal jewelry and a small bag to just hold my iPad mini, iPhone and other little essentials like lip gloss. My painted black Børn oxfords are some of the most comfortable shoes I own, and the black tights with them gave me the long leg line to let me wear them.
Of course, as a presenter, I brought a huge black tote filled with my Mac and other needed items like 75 packets to give out, but I was able to stash it in the room I was going to present in, thank goodness. It weighed a ton.
Anyway, I felt fun and fabulous presenting, and I even got applause when I was done. I got a lot of good ideas from the conference -- the keynote speaker had a lot of good ideas for using iPads in the classroom -- I'll have to remember those to use with my new iPad minis.
On the down side, I am still suffering from some kind of bugaboo that leaves me feeling weak and nauseated at times and gives me a headache. I haven't had my flu shot yet, but this doesn't really feel like the flu. I had a few times at the conference when I felt downright ill, but I managed to work through it.
Tracy Reese Blockprint Pencil Skirt in Orange, Anthropologie; Weekender Roll-Neck Sweater in Parrot Green, Talbots; Tahari Jacket in Black, Macy's; Hue Tights in Black, Macy's; Haircalf Leather Top-Tab Crossbody Bag in Black/Ivory, Talbots; Jewelry, Macy's and Banana Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment