One Last Blast at J. Crew

Yes, I always say that. Anyway, here is what I got in the mail from the recent 30% off sale price sale.

Fan Fringe Necklace in Vibrant Fuschia. I think I can get this for around $80 if I wait a bit. This is definitely something I'll look for at a better price.


Side Seam Sailor Shirt in Black/Ivory. I really liked the pink one, but this one is a little too hamburglery for my tastes. This one is going back.


Perfect Shirt in June's Meadow Print. This looks like a printed chambray, and I think it will look very nice with white, denim, navy, yellow, red, and I'll probably wear it with green, too. This one I am keeping.

I've had my eye on this St. James Galathee Tee for quite a while, so when it got down below $40 with the discount, I jumped on it. This was final sale, but luckily, I find that I rather like it. 

Finally, the butterfly silk shirt. Hmm . . . I'm on the fence with this one. If it was cotton, I'd be all over it. Silk tends to bunch up and look not so tailored on me. What do you think? (If J. Crew offered petites, I would like it much more. I can't really leave this untucked because it is sooo long on me.)

I also got the fan necklace in the other color-way (sunwashed aqua), and I liked it quite a bit better than the vibrant fuchsia one. I might consider it at about 1/2 price.

Other things that will go back this week:
Liberty Toothpick Jeans in June's Meadow -- I did not like the look overall, and I could not think of where I would wear them -- definitely not at work.
Medallion Paisley Scarf -- IRL it is not nearly as vibrant as it looks online. It would have to really be a knockout for me to keep it, as I have an awful lot of scarves already.
Linen Stripe Boy Shirt -- I like the perfect fit better, and I am a little leery of the ironing I might be getting into with that one.

UPDATE:
It's a thumbs down on the silk blouse. I think I can find something I will like better.

3 comments:

  1. I think the butterfly blouse looks fab on you! Ditto the green stripey top!
    Can you keep the blouse for a while to see if it grows in you? If your eon the fence it might be a good idea to ponder it for a week or so.
    I'd keep it, personally, but you need to really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the butterfly top too but you have to love it as well. I wonder if it could be hand-washed bec. dry cleaning is such a pain. I like how you paired it with the stripe skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love it when I see it hanging on the hanger, but not so much on me, unfortunately. I'd probably like it better if it came in petite.

    ReplyDelete