Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A while back a fellow fashion blogger mentioned that she was taking this jacket with her on her trip to Miami. It looked awfully cute, so I browsed on over to eBay. Lo and behold, there it was for a mere $20 shipped. It seemed like such a great deal. There was this little disclaimer saying "Please note that I am not sensative (sic) to cigarette scent - I do not believe that this item has a cigarette scent, but if this is an issue w/ you - please do not bid on this item." This should have been a huge red flag, but I was too giddy over the price to think straight, I guess. Anyway, when I opened the package the smell just about knocked me off my feet.
To make a long story short, I washed it. In the washing machine (hand wash cycle). Twice. And amazingly enough, after a bit of touch up ironing, it looked every bit as good as new and smelled about 100 times better. So here I am, wearing it today with the Pastiche skirt and a Fresh Mint ruffle tee from Talbots. And just to make it even more fun, I kept up with my animal bracelet moment and added this elephant bracelet from J. Crew.
Waverly Jacket in Pink, J. Crew via eBay; Pastiche Watercolor Floral Skirt, J. Crew via eBay; Hue Tights in Tan, Macy's; Ruffle Tee in Fresh Mint, Talbots; Jewelry, Talbots; J. Crew, and Macy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment