Marathon Shopping/Returning

I had amassed a semi-large pile of returns, so I chose today to take them back. I have to go up to SLC to do it, as there is no Talbots or J. Crew or Coldwater Creek near me, and that way I don't have to go to the local Chicos, either. I did pick up some purchases while I was about, but overall I came out way ahead. The first thing I purchased was this pretty little bauble necklace from Francesca's. I stopped in there to pick up one last gift for my DD on her 20th birthday, which also happened to be today. I got her a very cute leopard scarf. It was BOGO on the jewelry, so I picked up this ring for $3. Total damage: $48.49
The next stop I made was Talbots, where I returned a lot of things and picked up some things, too. I am really loving both of these paisley button-up shirts.
I also picked up this floral button-up and these green pants. Total damage: $131.08, minus a return of around $400.00. (One of the items I returned was the blue jacket to the right. It was just so stiff that I didn't feel comfortable in it.)
On to J. Crew, where I returned the collection striped bateau sweater in caramel -- it made me look like a turtle, and it was too long -- and picked up this multicolor tweed pencil skirt and this liberty print perfect shirt in d'Anjo. Total damage -- these two items equaled the sweater plus I got eight dollars back, so, it was about $92. The skirt was 29.74 and the shirt (a splurge for me, but I loved the print) was 59.49 with the 30% off and my educator's discount.
My last stop of the day was at Target, where I returned quite a few things, picked up ice cream and candles for DD's birthday cake, and then picked up this Merona doubleweave skirt in bonjour brown (I would call it a light camel). This is the second one of these I've purchased. At $22, they are a pretty good deal for a lined skirt, and they are just the right length for me. I don't like very many of the things at Target, but every once in a while, I get lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment