Friday, October 26, 2012


Today was an all-eBay day. I purchased this green check houndstooth skirt for $16.27 shipped quite a while ago. At the time, I was wearing a size 10, so I thought this vintage 10 would fit. Well, I couldn't even begin to get this on. So . . . 2 sizes smaller and later, I tried it on and it now fits me. Ha! Anyway, it's 100% wool and a beautiful pattern, AND it's a full 25 inches long and well below the knee on me, so I'm glad longer pencils are in style right now.
I paired it with a lovely green polka dot Talbots cardigan that I recently bought for $26.99 shipped. That's more than I usually pay, but it was new with tags, a v-neck!, silk blend, 3/4 sleeved!, and pretty darn cute.
I topped it off with this blingy little Talbots necklace that I also picked up quite a while ago for $14.31 shipped. I've already got a lot of use out of it, and I love that the ribbon in the back makes it so versatile in length.
I got a lot of compliments on this look. I can see getting a lot of use out of this skirt this winter, as it is snuggly.
Houndstooth Wool Pencil Skirt in Green/Ivory, Talbots; Polka Dot Cardigan in Green and Ivory, Talbots; Ivory Tank, Chicos; Jewelry, Talbots; Hue Tights in Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment